Ubuntu 6.06 LTS hangs at Uncompressing Linux

Nicholas Kline kakster7 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 22 03:28:53 UTC 2006

Update:

Today I was able to install the 'ubuntu-6.06-alternate-i386' cd in VMware workstation 5.5.1 build-19175 as a virtual machine with Windows 2000 Pro SP4 as the host O.S. Now why the hell does the alternate cd work and not the server cd?????????  Yes I verified the Md5's on the .iso files.
 Unfortunately there wasn't a LAMP server option so I don't think those applicatoins are installed at this point. I'm still not satisfied because the LAMP option is what I want to take advantage of on the server cd.
 This thread just keeps getting more and more interesting, lol.  *sigh*
 Next I'm going to try to install 6.06 server in VMware Server (http://www.vmware.com/products/server/) and VMware ESX (http://www.vmware.com/products/vi/esx/.  I'll post my results as usual.

 During my adventures I came across a simple yet effective Md5 check sum application for Windows. The application is available at (http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/winmd5sum).  Remember to verify the Md5 on each Ubuntu .iso file you download.

 Nick