I updated the kernel to 2.6.17.1 no problem...Wireless in dapper...go suck eggs

bugman bugman at optonline.net
Wed Jun 21 22:31:12 UTC 2006

Should it be this hard to get wireless working in dapper?  I recompiled
dapper to work with the 2.6.17.1 kernel.  My first kernel compile and no
problems.  But getting wireless to work, no way.  The Linksys card wpc54g
broadcom 43xx was showing the local wireless networks but would just not
connect.  So I rebooted and now all I can get is "SIOCGIFFLAGS ERROR:NO SUCH
DEVICE".   This is probably the most common wireless chipset in the world.
Why should this be so hard?  It worked in Breezy, and it does not work now.
This is an upgrade?