Canon Raw CR2 image access

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 18:28:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 11:20 -0700, Gary Allen Garibaldi wrote:

> Only one thing is keeping me from dumping XP on my laptop. I need a
> program that can access Canon 20D raw cr2 images from the camera. I'm
> currently using XP to down load the images burn them to cd and coping
> them to my desktop and accessing them with gimp. I've tried to access
> the CR2 files with the gtkam gimp plugin but it only give me a black
> file. Any suggestions on a program with be appreciated.

If you are a Gnome user, then take a look at gphoto. It's a command line
tool that will download images from cameras. It works with my EOS 350D.
Also worth a look is the ufraw package which will process the CR2 files.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold