Firefox shutdown accidentally

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 21 17:53:16 UTC 2006

Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Ubuntu-desktop-6.0.6 LiveCD
>
> While browsing Internet Firefox shutdown automatically.  This happened
> several times after I succeeded setup pppoe connection.  I have no idea
> how this would happen.  Any advice.  TIA
>
> B.R.
> SL

I run Firefox and Thunderbird on several machines 64bit, 32bit, PPC and
only rarely get a hang which usually has something oddly to do with a
page that I hit and a bad script in it. This occasionally happens on
windows too, but not at any differently of a frequency.

Is it possible that there is a problem with limited resources when
running the live Disc? When firefox crashes there's sometimes a feedback
agent which may or may not be in the liveCD version. I would say hit up
mozilla's forums and ask where the log is and send that in to them to
see if it's something in the program.

You could also try a Breezy live CD or a Kubuntu live CD and see if
anything is different.

Alex