Stupid end-user tricks: darcs for /etc and /boot

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Jun 21 12:26:42 UTC 2006

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> I'd like to add one more thing to this - maybe I was indeed
>> nitpicking. But I did that, just to show, that his complaint
>> in reality wasn't valid
>
> Nit-picking never helps your argument.

Yes, it does. It shows where weak points are and that his basis
for the criticism was not valid.

> It just distracts from the issue

No, it doesn't. It shows, where the real issue is.

> and makes it look like you have no real arguments.

The argument is, that his argument has no basis.

>>> He's saying that etc-update is dangerous.
>>
>> Which is wrong.
>
> We've established that we have different definitions of dangerous.

Yep, you think that each and every program is dangerous. I disagree. I don't
think that your definition is usual and you really should make clear that
you've got unusual definitions.

> You
> think that no software program can ever be deemed dangerous because it

So, after all, you *do* want a flame war, don't you? Or why do you
keep repeating wrong statements ("FUD" anyone?)?

> has to be run by the user, and you think that sharp knives aren't dangerous.

No, I don't. And I've clearly written so. It beats me, why you disregard
that - need to find points for a fight?

Alexander Skwar
--
Love America -- or give it back.