Ubuntu dapper drake question (running ubuntu-6.06-desktop)

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 09:50:49 UTC 2006

Hi Marek and folks,

Tks for your advice.

I have "ubuntu-6.06-desktop-amd64.iso" download and burned on CD.  The
latter is now working.

Please advise follows;

1) I can't find root terminal.  On "Accessories" drop-list only users'
terminal can be found.  Where can I add root password to su it to root

2) Where can I connect ADSL broadband in the absence of root terminal

3) If on root terminal whether to run;

# pppoe-setup/config to establish broadband connection.

TIA

B.R.
SL