Menu Bar

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 21 05:07:26 UTC 2006

In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:40:21
+0200 Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> didst appear
within my Magick Viewing Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly
supplicatory, did polemicize thusly:

> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 23:30 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > <alt><f2>
> > gnome-panel
> > <enter>
>
> I don't think that would have helped him. He already had the panel
> running (the top panel was still there). Trying to start another
> instance of gnome-panel will probably just yield an error message
> saying that it's already running, but that won't recreate the bottom
> panel which he deleted.

Since I haven't tried it in Gnome I can't say for sure, but the command
<gnome-panel> used in Openbox gives you just the bottom panel from
Gnome just as the command <kicker> gives you the KDE menu panel.
Of course this presupposes that you have Gnome, KDE and Openbox
installed.
</goes to delete bottom panel in Gnome>
Well, you're right; the bottom panel won't come back by the command I
posted.  Within Gnome you can get it by right-clicking another panel
and choosing 'add panel,' as you said.
It's been a while since I've used Gnome much but I have always deleted
the top panel by personal preference.  I guess that's why I thought
<gnome-panel> would work.
I suppose that's why it /does/ work in other WMs, they don't already
have any panels running.Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs