Stupid end-user tricks: darcs for /etc and /boot

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Jun 20 22:53:03 UTC 2006

gymsmoke wrote:
> umm - I know this is OT, but what's "FUD" ?

FUD is an acronym for Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. It's a way to refer to
the type of marketing ploy that consists of creating those feelings
about a competitors products. They are usually falsities, but need not
be ("hmm... I hope it's not true what I hear about [competitor]'s
financial troubles"). For example, Linux advocates would agree that this
is FUD:

"Linux will never be ready for the desktop because there is no support
and all the code is written by hackers. Really, is that the sort of
people you want writing your critical infrastructure? And if anyone in
the world can put something in, how can you trust it? And don't forget
that Linux is known to infringe on Microsoft's patents and have copied
Unix methods from SCO's UnixWare."

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
   "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the