XFCE4 desktop

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 20 21:28:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 05:01:44PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:51:12 +0200
> Joan Tur <joantur at cancullet.org> wrote:
>
> > Es Dimarts, 20 de Juny de 2006 21:10, en Frank McCormick va escriure:
> > | 	I installed the XFCE4 desktop a few months back and now would like to
> > | remove it. Problem is I don't know which meta package to remove. Synaptic
> > | says the Xubuntu package is not installed, but I'm almost positive thats
> > | how I installed it in the first place. I never use it, and find it a waste
> > | of space.
> > You installed xubuntu-desktop metapackage to have xfce in your system, but
> > uninstalling that package doesn't uninstall xfce, but only the metapackage.
> >
> > I'd look for *xfce* packages and remove them.
> >
> > Hope it helps  ;)
>

>    Looks like that's what I'll do. Installing and removing xubuntu-desktop would result in losing a bunch of software I use, such as Abiword.

notquite.  removing xubuntu-desktop would just removethe metapackage -- all
the other stuff would stay behind.  so do as Frank says...  Xubuntu uses a
different verison of abiword, with all the gnome dependencies excised out.
That's why it wants to change the abiword version.

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094