Looking for decent ftp client

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Jun 20 15:32:41 UTC 2006

David M wrote:
> Is there a decent ftp client available for Ubuntu?

There are many, but it depends on what you are trying to do. If you are
looking for a GUI one, try gFTP. If you want one you can put on a
script, consider nftp.

> there seems to be rather a lack of GUI ftp clients.

gFTP

> Unless I've missed spotting something, the choice seems to come down to
> gftp or KBear, both of which seem a bit lacking

Ok, so you know about gFTP :)

> Can anybody recommend an alternative ftp client that's reliable and
> user-friendly?

Not really. For the things I need to do either gftp or nftp do the trick.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
   "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the