Looking for decent ftp client

David M lists2006 at viewport.ukfsn.org
Tue Jun 20 15:00:40 UTC 2006

Is there a decent ftp client available for Ubuntu?

I've looked through the repositories, and while there seem to be a
substantial number of ftp servers and command-line clients (these have
their place, but I'd rather not wear out my fingers with all that typing),
there seems to be rather a lack of GUI ftp clients.

Unless I've missed spotting something, the choice seems to come down to
gftp or KBear, both of which seem a bit lacking (gftp's bookmark manager
is somewhat rudimentary, and KBear confuses things by lacking the
traditional simple two-pane view ..not to mention that it seems to crash
for me any time I attempt to transfer anything!). These projects seem to
have potential, but they don't seem to be quite ready just yet..

Can anybody recommend an alternative ftp client that's reliable and
user-friendly?

Thanks,

David.

--