How to start rsync daemon at boot

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Jun 19 09:29:40 UTC 2006

Hi Jame,

Write a script with whatever commands are needed to start the rsync
daemon (probably a 1-line script). Save the script in:

/etc/init.d/rsync

Then make a symlink from /etc/rc*.d to rsync:

sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/rsync /etc/rc2.d/S99rsync
sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/rsync /etc/rc3.d/S99rsync
sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/rsync /etc/rc4.d/S99rsync
sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/rsync /etc/rc5.d/S99rsync

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
   "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the