how many people have actually replaced Windows with Ubuntu Linux

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 02:49:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-19-06 at 02:13 +0100, clivewagenaar wrote:

> DC Parris Wrote:
> I'd like to know how many people have actually replaced Windows with
> Ubuntu Linux.

My notebook is pure Linux with Ubuntu being the distro used most.  (I
upgraded the hard drive and now have several other distros on the queue
for evaluation plus a partition set aside for making live CDs.)

One of my teaching stations I wiped the Chinese version of Windows XP
from the hard drive and replaced it with Ubuntu because I was tired of
wrestling with a user interface I couldn't understand.  (I was the only
person using the classroom, so I don't feel too guilty about having made
the support staff re-Ghost the drive after my class ended last week.)

My wife's machine is 3/4 Windows, 1/4 Ubuntu.  She uses the latter
mainly to play Supertux (and now that she's found there's a Windows port
of Supertux even that may not be a strong draw any longer).  She's not
particularly happy about some of the Ubuntu issues (multimedia and
Chinese language support being the two big strokes against it in her
eyes).

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the
institution of slavery in the States where it exists." --Abraham Lincoln