acpi_fakekey?

Jaime Davila jdavila at hampshire.edu
Sun Jun 18 20:13:11 UTC 2006

Hello all,

After yesterday's synaptic-based update of several gnome packages, my
thinkpad x40 is not able to sleep. T=Fn-F4 initiates something, but the
screen goes blank, and the battery led never goes off.

I am slowly looking at the chain of events that gets executed when acpi
detects fn-f4 being pressed. sleepbtn.sh runs, and that makes a call to
acpi_fakekey. I've been able to find that it actually runs acpi_fakekey
142, which somehow tries to make the laptop sleep.

Anyone knows how acpi_fakekey works, and where the response to
acpi_fakekey 142 is defined? it looks like it simulates some sort of
xserver event, but I'm just guessing.

Thanks in advance,

Jaime

Jaime J. Davila