CPU Thrashing After Breezy-Dapper Upgrade

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 09:30:03 UTC 2006

A few problems after the dapper upgrade.

The main one is that my CPU is thrashing at say .... 20 / 40 / 60% even when the system is 'idle'.

Does anyone have pointers where I can start to pin this down? It was fine with hoary and breezy.

X11: there's an X11 link in /usr/bin that just points back to /usr/bin.  Seems a bit strange to me. Is that correct?!

Xine: dropping frame rates .... don't know if it's to do with the CPU problem but again, never had a problem with it before. When running xine-check it points out the I have 2 of everything for xine (due to the X11 link above)

several instances of xine-config found in your PATH
         xine-config executables have been found in these places:
         /usr/bin/X11/xine-config
         /usr/bin/xine-config

Any pointers would be great.

CIA