Dapper no longer likes IVTV

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jun 18 03:30:30 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users,

I have been running Dapper since a couple months before it went official
at the beginning of this month.

In that time, I've been running IVTV modules to manage my Hauppauge TV
card, and it worked fine. With it, I was able to watch television with
Xawtv.

But now, on the latest kernel upgrade, or some similar change, Xawtv no
longer works, and if I run modprobe, it says IVTV can not be found:
dave at homebase:/usr/src/ivtv-0.4.5$ sudo modprobe ivtv
FATAL: Module ivtv not found.

I ran through the very same instructions that I used to successfully
install IVTV the first time, and this time it doesn't work. In fact, I
ran through them twice to be sure, and the IVTV module will not be found.

What is Dapper now doing that has broken my IVTV module?

Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G