Some logitech keys not working

Cameron Hutchison lists at xdna.net
Sat Jun 17 08:53:32 UTC 2006

I have a logitech cordless keyboard - one of the many models with
different key layouts, the particular one is not important for this
question - and some of the "internet" keys do not work. These are
"Shopping", "iTouch", "Webcam" and "Messenger", as well as the
non-F-locked function keys F1-F12.

When I press these keys, kern.log reports messages like:
atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x93 on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e013 <keycode>' to make it known.

I know it tells me exactly what I have to do to get it working, but I'd
like to know why it doesn't work out of the box, when the other internet
keys do work.

As far as I can tell, the keyboard map for the kernel is loaded by
/etc/rcS.d/S05keymap.sh, which loads the file
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz. I cannot see references in there to any
of the internet keys, so I'm a bit confused as to how some get loaded
into the kernel key map, but not others.

I have my X xkb layout set up with the "Logitech iTouch Internet
Navigator Keyboard SE" (logiinkse), which seems to be the closest match
to my keyboard (F9-12 are still undefined though).

If this were to be fixed to work in an out-of-the-box dapper install,
where would these key map definitions go?

Thanks