386-586-686

digimars ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 16 21:47:16 UTC 2006

bruce89 Wrote:
> On i386, use -k7-smp, on AMD64, -k8-smp, as you have a dual core
> processor.

Please forgive my lack of understainding, I'm still learning this stuff
as I go along here.  By using a -k8-smp version of the Kernel, I would
still operate within a 32 bit operating system environment right?
(That's my preferred choice until there's better all around support for
a 64 bit Linux distro).

And if so, what are the steps involved in installing a different
kernel?  Would it reak havoc on my Dapper Drake setup, or would the
applications not even notice a difference?

--
digimars