Removal of OS help

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 16 20:05:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:48:48 -0500
Wade Smart <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:

> I put ubuntu on a neighbors machine at his request. He purchased a
> second machine for ubuntu only so now he wants to remove Ubuntu from the
> first computer. I dont know how to do this. Anyone help?

I'm assuming this means he wants Windows on the former Ubuntu machine,
although you don't say this. Windows will quite happily blow the Ubuntu
install into the weeds when you install it ( Windows doesn't even
recognise the existence of non-windows operating systems ) So you wouldn't
need to do a thing - Ubuntu would just be obliterated  ;-)

If you want to wipe/reformat the disc, you can do it for example from a
live CD using the "gparted" program. Probably not necessary though.

Peter