Remote login, graphically?

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Fri Jun 16 12:38:22 UTC 2006

Hi Daniel,

>> Also, I'd like to start "from scratch" and login to her machine via
>> GDM, in a way so I have the complete gnome environment. Is this possible?
>
> You might be able to do that with xnest (aptitude install xnest; run
> /usr/bin/gdmXnest). I haven't quite got it to work on my machine, but I
> think this is the right program.

I will try this option first. When I run /usr/bin/gdmXnest, I get the
error message "Indirect XDMCP is not enabled". Where do I enable it, and
on which of two involved machines (both running Dapper)?

Also, will the "indirect XDMCP" run through the SSH tunnel (otherwise it
will not work)?

Regards,

Andreas