removable drives no longer automount after upgrade to dapper

peeble ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jun 15 19:59:43 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I'm afraid that upgrading from Breezy to Dapper has broken hotplugging
on my machine (and a few other things, now fixed). I have a variety of
usb-connected storage devices, all of which were detected and mounted,
etc under Breezy. Now I can see using lsusb that they are detected by
the USB system, but are not mounted.

Can anyone provide practical advice on what I might need to fix to get
this working again. I'm a committed Ubuntu fan, but this problem is
causing me some pain.

Thanks

peeble

--