Intel PRO/WIreless 2200bg wireless problems.

webonomic webonomic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 23:49:36 UTC 2006

I just installed Ubuntu 6.06 on my laptop and it detected my Intel PRO
wireless perfectly. It was the first distribution that actually did. I
tried FC5, Mandriva 2006, Slackware with kernel 2.16test, and Vector
Linux. Nothing worked out the box except for Ubuntu 6.06. Even trying to
install the ipw2200 driver and firmware etc, did nothing.

So... I wonder if your issues are upgrade only issues and not fresh
install issues?

I am also using WEP.

Jared