Two instances of OpenOffice on thin clients.

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jun 14 18:39:08 UTC 2006

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the help...

 > I need to find a way to have OpenOffice appear on the terminal
 > where it was called. Does anyone have any ideas?

You need to differentiate the processes by the user data, e.g.

soffice -env:UserInstallation=<mypath>/user1

I tried this, but it makes OOo crash:

$ soffice -env:UserInstallation=/home/daniel/.openoffice.org2/user1
[Java framework] Error in function createUserSettingsDocument
(elements.cxx).javaldx failed!
[Java framework] Error in function createUserSettingsDocument
(elements.cxx).

I then have to press Ctrl+C to make it quit. This is OOo 2.0.2 straight
from the OOo website. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org

  "He he. Maybe the problem is with the left mouse button :)"
   -- Daniel on IRC after 5 hours trying to figure out
      why nothing worked on his thin client... (it was)