tetex errors

fromluxembourg ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jun 14 13:20:40 UTC 2006

Hi all!

I hoped to find out the solution to my problem after updating to Dapper
Drake but I still have some problems with Tex.

I tried to clean all tex files and then I typed in:

*sudo dpkg --configure -a*

and the result was:

Setting up tex-common (0.15build1) ...

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/15Plain.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/45TeXinputs.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/55Fonts.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/65BibTeX.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/75DviPS.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/85Misc.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90TeXDoc.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf

Not replacing deleted config file /etc/texmf/updmap.d/00updmap.cfg

update-texmf: Basic configuration file /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf
missing.

Exiting.

dpkg: error processing tex-common (--configure):

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tetex-base:

tetex-base depends on tex-common (>= 0.12); however:

Package tex-common is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing tetex-base (--configure):

tex-common

tetex-base

so the problem seems to be due to -tex-common- ... as I'm a novice in
this OS probably there is something elementar that I forgot, I don't
know.

I even changed my repository using the one built by the automatic
procedure from http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic but still it
doesn't works!

Everthing else works properly!

Does anybody encountered (and solved!) such a problem?

Thanks in advance

--
fromluxembourg