windows in xen on intel core-duo?

matt.price at utoronto.ca matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Jun 14 00:24:44 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I've just bought a new dell latitude d820, which is lovely.  It came with
windows pre-installed, and I thught that this time (since I have a huge hard
drive) I might leave  it installed in a shrunken-down partition.  What I'm
wondering is whether I can get windows to run from inside linux somehow, using
qemu, vmware, or xen.  the latitude d820 has an intel core-duo processor, so as
I understand it some hardware virtualization is possible -- that is, it may be
possible to run windows under xen.  but I haven't seen any howtos on this
process, and I wondered whether anyone had tried it or seen a useful link
somewhere.

Thanks much!

matt