Synaptec connection problem

Sauli ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jun 13 19:00:32 UTC 2006

Sauli Wrote:
> Thanks Florian for the advice. This is what I get:

> sauli at Subuntu:~$ env | grep proxy

> http_proxy=http://localhost:8080/

> no_proxy=localhost,127.0.0.0/8,*.local

> I have no idea how the http_proxy environment variable got set.

> If that is the root cause of the problem, can you tell how to
> circumvent it in order to get the apt-get and synaptic work, and
> moreover how to find how it got set in the first place?

And what did I actually do. I thought you meant terminal emulator like
Gnome Terminal 2.14.1.  After a second thought I realised you meant a
new TTY session like e.g. by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1. I did that and now,
the env | grep proxy gave no output. I could also do the apt-get update
in that session.

I also still wander what is wrong in my graphical UI environment. I
would prefer using the synaptic graphical front end. Any ideas what I
could try next ?

--
Sauli