Open Source Options for Graphic Design?

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:24:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-01 at 00:58 +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> 	What they want is relatively simple. On the top page, they want to
> rotate through a few images. Right now, the Flash object that handles
> this task just cycles through the images like a slide show, flashing
> white in between each image.

Sounds like something AJAX (Asynchronous Javascript And XML -- a.k.a.
Web 2.0 or "that stuff Google Maps uses") would be suited for.  It
wouldn't even be all that difficult to accomplish, I don't think.
Google on "AJAX" and "Web 2.0" for ideas.  Chances are someone has the
code you need to steal out of the box.

And the advantage to the AJAX solution?  It's all open standards based
stuff.  Javascript is a standard (a.k.a. ECMAscript), the asynchronous
acquisition of data is W3W standard and it works off of the W3W standard
DOM to modify the data in the browser.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"To [the Chinese], all other people are barbarians." --The Dalai Lama