Thin clients don't do anything

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Jun 13 10:13:26 UTC 2006

Help!

This is an Edubuntu server with thin clients. When I boot from the thin
client I can login to Gnome but after that nothing works. It's like
Gnome is frozen. I can move the mouse around, but when I click on
buttons or menus nothing happens. If I right-click on the desktop I get
that menu, but if I click on any of the options nothing happens. So the
clients are useless. It's just as if the whole desktop was one big
background.

I don't have these problems on the server.

Can anyone guess why this happens or what I can do to fix it? It was
working before. I don't know what happened to make it stop working. I
was just configuring Firefox and then everything stopped responding.
Yes, I've rebooted the client and the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel.
--
"It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no