Dapper upgrade from Breezy

Matthias Heiler heiler at gmx.de
Mon Jun 12 11:41:52 UTC 2006

Jubalgunn <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> writes:

> I have updated to Dapper on my Aopen Shuttle without any major problems.
> Just needed to update some of the music codecs and software e.g latest
> versions of amarok etc.

Are you saying that amarok as installed by 6.06 is broken _again_?

I'm using kubuntu since release 5.04, and each time (5.04 and 5.10) I
found amarok and most multimedia applications that came with the
release broken.  (With 5.04 I found a version of kaffeine which would
work on kde.org, but with 5.06 I had to resort to mplayer.)

Is anybody doing quality control of the kubuntu multimedia
applications?

  Matthias