Network Manager without Keyring Password?

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Mon Jun 12 19:34:25 UTC 2006

Andreas Schildbach wrote:

>> See the post titled "Tired of nm-applet asking for password to
>> Keyring?" at
>
> Thanks, this worked. I had to remove and re-create my default keyring,
> though )-:

For the records, I still have 2 problems:

1) From time to time, I am still asked for the keyring password. Seems
to be a race condition somewhere.

2) Autostarting programs that depend on a network connection (e.g. Gaim)
do not behave very gently (opening error windows, waiting for a
"reconnect" click). Ubuntu is not aware of the dependencies yet.

Regards,

Andreas