Installing in existing LVM Volume Group?

Sarangan Thuraisingham sarangan.thuraisingham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 14:30:13 UTC 2006

Jack Wasey wrote:
> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Question: With Ubuntu 6.06 (does it matter which "flavor"?), is it
>> possible to
>> install it in an existing volume group and have it create new logical
>> volumes
>> there?
>
> Yes, but I'm afraid the installer menus for LVM are particularly clunky.

Clunky, ha ha. It doesn't work at all if you try the normal LiveCD
install. The GUI partitioner seems to recognise the volumes as separate
disks. In the next step, where you select the root and swap partions, it
only display physical partitions.

So, I upgraded directly from Breezy by changing /etc/apt/sources.list to
point to dapper. I read in one of the mails in the list, that talks
about an alternate CD. Has anyone had any luck with that.

--
Regards,
  Saru