Totem and Codec

Sean Ryan sryan at iel.ie
Mon Jun 12 10:10:03 UTC 2006

Kenneth,
First things first .. is your file being recognised as a video file ?

Can you post the output from
file The.Sopranos.S06E12.HR.HDTV.AC3.5.1.XviD-CTU.avi

A video file on my system reports itself as :

RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 512 x 384, 29.97 fps, video: XviD,
audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 48000 Hz

Good Luck,
Sean