Totem and Codec

Kenneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Mon Jun 12 03:23:14 UTC 2006

My wife and I have been catching up on the Sopranos and I downloaded the
latest episode (two versions) and it seems to use a codec that is not
recognized by either my Linux box or her Windows box.  Is there a way to
identify what codec is necessary and where to get it under Ubuntu?

Just in case someone can tell me based on the filename, here it is:

The.Sopranos.S06E12.HR.HDTV.AC3.5.1.XviD-CTU.avi

I should note that I don't have any problems playing other XviD files
(other than my laptop being a bit too slow).

Thanks?

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>

XMPP  IM: kpturvey at jabber.org