Ubuntu Dapper and WebMin

Thiers Botelho thiersb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 00:30:08 UTC 2006

Hi Tommy,

On 6/11/06, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> You are right... the Debian package has been abandoned ... look at a
> list archive for this thread from just a few days ago... "pvonbert"
> described in explicit detail the steps for downloading webmin from
> http://www.webmin.com/ and installing it on his Dapper system.

Thanks for the tip - I had skipped that posting !

For the record and for future searches (myself included . . .) here's
the link to the Webmin mini-howto for Dapper:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2006-May/076696.html

> If anyone reading this thread has Perl experience and feels they might
> help maintain the package, Filippo Biondi (early in the thread)
> pointed to the relevant Debian Bugs that were filed when the package
> was being orphaned. Some people did start a side project to try to
> rescue it, so maybe that's available.

Hmmm, I couldn't find this Biondi posting either on my mail or in the
archives. Would you have any addt'l info on this one ?

Cheers

Thiers