Wine: MS Money 2004 + IE6

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Sun Jun 11 21:15:45 UTC 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 20:32, Morgan Greywolf wrote:

> Have you tried using winetools?  That's what worked for me.

Even winetools doesn't work for me. If memory serves, it exited with a
completely unhelpful error. One thing I haven't tried is dropping
back to wine-0.9 - the splash screen says it's been tested with that.
I tried installing IE5 while doing an Office install, hoping it would
upgrade to IE6, that didn't work either. Asking here for help won't
help much - that wine isn't on an Ubuntu machine

This particular bug doesn't bother me at all, I'm not a web dev who
needs to see my pages in IE, and I have a Windows on vmware if I
really need it, which these days is very seldom. I also expect and am
prepared for full IE operation in wine to be one of the last things
gotten right, simply because of the nature of that beast.

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za