vmware deb

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 21:02:40 UTC 2006

I use the vmware-player (multiverse) to install basically all guest OS
without the need for vmware workstation. I've created a simple HOWTO
tutorial in the ubuntu wiki.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VMWarePlayerAndWindowsHOWTO

the FREE VMware player in multiverse, when it's installed, it'll fix all the
required modules and configurations for you.
Which is pretty neat!

On 6/12/06, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 09:11 +0100, paul cooke wrote:
> > how does that cope when you get a kernel change? cos vmWare basically
> > has to
> > be "reinstalled" whenever you change the kernel.
>
> Thinking about it: has vmplayer different kernel modules for their
> products? If not, the vmplayer module that is packaged for the vmware
> player in Dapper multiverse might work. (And there is a "source" package
> too)

gawk; grep; unzip; touch; strip; init, uncompress, gasp; finger; find,
route, whereis, which, mount; fsck; nice, more; yes; gasp; warnquota,
umount; head, halt, renice, restore, touch, whereis, which, route, mount,
more, yes, gasp, umount, expand, ping, bashbug, dump, make clean; sleep