How to open a port?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Jun 11 18:04:56 UTC 2006

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> I suspect the reason you don't get an X connection is because X is
> configured to not listen on outside ports as per the policy given above.
> You need to reconfigure X. This should do it: start
> System/Administration/Login Window. On the tab Security, uncheck 'Deny
> TCP Connections to Xserver'.

Thanks for the help. I did as you said and then restarted X, but I still
can't open a remote X session. But the fact that this value was checked
means that at least now I have one less hurdle to cross.

Running 'netstat' doesn't show ports 177 or 6000 open :(

Best,
Daniel.
--
"It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no