evoution, lost my task list and other setting

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun Jun 11 10:50:57 UTC 2006

la, 2006-06-10 kello 21:40 +0200, Duncan Lithgow kirjoitti:
> When I pasted a copy of my old home dir into my new install of dapper,
> evolution missed a number of things, but most critically it seems to
> have lost my Task List. Any idea:
>
> a. How I could have avoided this
> b. How can I now fix this, the files are there in .evolution/tasks/local
> but I don't really want to manually recreate them all.

Hi,

When I used to have this kind of problems, this is what went wrong:

When I copied the back-up files back to my system, the file permissions
were changed so that the programs weren't able to access the files
anymore. If your other programs work OK (like creating new bookmarks in
the browser), then this shouldn't be the reason for your problems.

Once I also accidentally copied back the back-up files when the program
they belong to was running. The back-up data I copied into the hard disk
was then overwritten with the new data residing in the RAM (at least I
suppose this is what happened).

Ari Torhamo