Dapper is LESS stable than Breezy.

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 08:20:40 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com> wrote:

> Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> > As far as I know, every main applications that is included in Dapper is
> > carefully screened for stability. I suggest that before INSTALLING
> > another app from multiverse, and universe, try not to blame that on
> > Dapper, consider the source, and accuracy, since none of those app is
> > installed by default.
>
> What the HELL are you talking about? NONE of those are in universe or
> multiverse. We are talking about Firefox, Thunderbird, X and Gnome. ALL
> OF THEM ARE IN "MAIN", 3 of them are installed by default, and 2 of them
> are critical components, and all of them are standard use applications
> (the stuff you expect 99% of your user base to use), present in the main
> repository, and the most popular apps of their class for Ubuntu's user
> base. You can't get any more "supported" than X, Gnome and Firefox; and
> Thunderbird is right up there.
>
> Geeez!

Well 99% of those people who use it got is stable, 1% is where you are.

Daniel.
> --
> "It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
> the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no
> rainbow. The whole universe is like that. Our spirits stand at a
> 23 degree to the universe."  -- Zoya Boone, Red Mars

gawk; grep; unzip; touch; strip; init, uncompress, gasp; finger; find,
route, whereis, which, mount; fsck; nice, more; yes; gasp; warnquota,
umount; head, halt, renice, restore, touch, whereis, which, route, mount,
more, yes, gasp, umount, expand, ping, bashbug, dump, make clean; sleep