Does Road Runner work with ubuntu?

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 10 17:09:45 UTC 2006

On Saturday 10 June 2006 12:35, alex wrote:
> Is anyone successfully using Warner Cable's Road Runner with ubuntu?
> Linux isn't mentioned in  the minimum requirements.
>
> alex.

Alex:
I've been using TimeWarner's cables to connect to Earthlink for over a year,
and it's worked very, very well. Although the TimeWarner people tried to tell
me that I had to run Windows or Mac, I was able to convince them that the
Earthlink folks had told me that Linux was just fine. The only other glitch
was convincing the tech that the proper command was ifconfig and not
ipconfig.

The modem that they gave me is cat5 and _not_ USB. I have a Linksys WRT54G
router connected between the router and two Linux computers with CAT5 cables,
and my wife's Mac Mini uses a wireless connection.

-- cmg