panel problems

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sat Jun 10 08:15:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 22:39 -0500, William Stephens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably a really dumb question but I cannot find an answer
> anywhere and I'm a linux newbie.  I was doing some panel customization
> and removed something that had my gaim buddy list icon and update
> notification icon from the system tray and now I cannot get those things
> back on system tray. Please help!

It sounds like you removed the entire notification area. To add it back,
right click on an empty spot in the gray area at the top of the screen
(this is known as the "top panel"). From the menu that pops up, select
"Add to Panel...". Search for "Notification Area", select it, and click
the "Add" button. That should do it. While you're there, you can play
around with some of the other cool panel applets if you like.

mike

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
suppressingfire.org