ATI blues

federico granara fgubuntu at spin.it
Fri Jun 9 22:17:36 UTC 2006

Diego De Stefani wrote:

> you are right. The atest (maybe two) versions of fglrx driver are reportd not
> to work with r2** chip, as described here:
> http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33856854
>
> Moreover, there seems to be an additional issue with your specific hardware
> (i've a HPzt3000 which is a very similar laptop), since the driver cannot
> detect the correct monitor. You can find a workaround here:
> http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Dapper_Installation_Guide#HP_zt3000_.2F_Compaq_nx7000

Using this workaround with an earlier version of libGL.so.1.2, i have
fglrx working right now. Thx!

> this is really strange, i've the very same graphics card and i have direct
> rendering enabled with open source driver.

I think the reason why 3D with OS driver don't work is explained by Adam
Conrad in this thread.
But now that fglrx is working i don't want to test his hint.
Maybe I'll try it next week and write here if it works.

Bye.