Realpayer and Firefox

Nikhil Fernandes njfernandes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:39:49 UTC 2006

I'm having some trouble playing streaming video on some sites with the
realplayer plugin for firefox. The Realplayer FAQ suggests making sure
that both Realplayer and firefox are compiled with the same major
version of gcc. However, when I check about:buildconfig, I see that
Firefox is built using gcc 4.0.3 and about:plugins says that the
RealPlayer plugin was built with gcc 3.2.0. I got both packages from the
Ubuntu repos.

Any suggestions? Should I rebuild Realplayer from source (if possible?)
Can I help repackage it for the repos? (I would have no clue how, but
it's the summer, and I really have nothing else to do).

Nik