sudo without password

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:00:15 UTC 2006

Just wanted to say that I agree with this post. Software is meant to
evolve just like everything else.

There is no way a human being can anticipate all possible outcomes for
a problem. The people who did the original specs for UNIX were just
that, humans. And as such, they did a very good job at designing a
system that survived for 30 or so years!

Now is time for us, the new generation that actually use this system,
to improve it and come out with equally visionary (and clever) ways to
improve the system overall. Security, performance, ease of use being
top of the list in my own mental goals -- and roughly in that order.

Then again, this is simply an opinion. Nothing else.

p.s. I use "human" for two obvious reasons. This is the Ubuntu's way
of letting us know that we are part of a larger group as well as the
niche of engineers who develop software. And, that only machines are
meant to formulate answers to existing problems in a linear way.
Humans tend to be more holistic about things.