Postfix "Security" update in Dapper?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Jun 9 12:18:39 UTC 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 08:03, Adam Conrad wrote:
> Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > The only problem is that I don't have the affected postfix-pgsql
> > installed, so I don't know why my Postfix would be "Upgraded".
> > Additionally, the official Postfix version listed at
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/mail/postfix remains 2.2.10-1.
>
> postfix and postfix-pgsql are built from the same source package.
> Fixing one implies rebuilding the other.  As for packages.ubuntu.com
> being out of date, "patience, it's not instant".  launchpad.net is
> real-time, if you want to track package versions there.
>
> ... Adam

Thanks.  I figured that wasn't the right place to look.

So, to make sure I understand...

postfix 2.2.10-1ubuntu0.1 is just a recompiled postfix 2.2.10-1 and should
have no differences.  Is that right?

Is there an easy way to figure out what the differences between two packages
like this are (I know I could download both source packages and diff them,
but that doesn't qualify for easy in my book)?

Appreciate the quick reply,

Scott K