how to unmount pcmcia-device?

Tobias Baldauf robin.goodfellow at gmx.net
Fri Jun 9 11:23:43 UTC 2006

Hi!

I'm having trouble with a PCMCIA-soundcard I use in my laptop. Removing
it crashes the system in both (K)Ubuntu and M$-Windows. In Windows, the
OS does not even let remove it, giving out an error-message about being
unable to remove the device.

Now, Linux-systems give me more power to do such things - if I'd only
know how! I don't find any clue on how to unmount such a device in
(K)ubuntu. Physically removing the card immediately crashes the system -
like mentioned above.

What can I do to first unmount it safely & then be able to remove it
physaically?

TIA,

Tobias