Dapper is mucking with my /var/run/ dirs

Carlos Picazzo ojaiguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 05:53:41 UTC 2006

Yes, I did what apparently most people are doing -- adding something into
the init script to create the dir if it doesn't exist.  Pretty lame to have
to do (IMHO) -- it's even in the apache2 init script!:

   [ ! -d /var/run/apache2 ] && mkdir /var/run/apache2

Anyway, that's what I did and yeah, it seems like a bad idea (again, IMHO)
:)