Ubuntu 6.06

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Fri Jun 9 01:32:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 01:40:34PM -0600, Kevin Cox wrote:

   >                I have downloaded Ubuntu 6.06 and am having a hell of a time
   >    installing it onto my computer. I have selected the first option where you
   >    start/install. Once this is selected, I wait over three hours and still
   >    not installed. Did I download the wrong ISO image? Can someone give me a
   >    URL where I can get the correct ISO if that is what the issue becomes.
   >    Also, what hardware should this new version be running on? I have version
   >    5.10 and it loads in under 30 minutes for me.  I am running P3- 667 / 256
   >    of RAM / 20GB HDD.

Since you have not mentioned which image you downloaded, I guess it must
be the desktop version. It is a live cd with an option to install. IMO,
trying to install with that is a bad idea. I had the same problems you
mentioned.

To solve it, just download the alternate iso image and use it to
install. You get the text mode install which _just_ works.

HTH,

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or a half loop?