Dapper upgrade from Breezy

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Jun 8 21:57:52 UTC 2006

Me - Atlantic wrote:
> I have a desktop, laptop, and a production server all running Ubuntu
> 5.10 (Breezy Badger).  I know that Dapper (6.06 LTS) has been released,
> but the user list, channels, and forums are fraught with the problems
> people are having with a good many functional parts of this new release.
> I guess the question is - is it recommended to upgrade to Dapper ?

Hmmm... I don't know what to suggest. If you hadn't said "production
server" I would have said "yes, definitely upgrade". Truth is that the
chances of something going wrong are small. The upgrade from Breezy to
Dapper _is_ supported.

You can feel safe upgrading your desktop and laptop. I would recommend
upgrading those first to gain confidence with the upgrade process. I
don't know what to say about the production server. Is it possible for
you to setup a second, temporary, server that you can use while you
upgrade the standard server? Just to serve as a fall-back position in
case anything goes wrong? (probably won't).

Daniel.
--
"It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no