Powernowd & Centrino Core Duo

Joan Tur joantur at cancullet.org
Thu Jun 8 19:46:27 UTC 2006

Es Dimecres, 7 de Juny de 2006 23:08, en nischg va escriure:
| Thanks for the reply. I do have powernowd but when I select a governor
| on the gnome applet it only applies to CPU0.
Both setting the governor (manually or through an applet) and powernowd do the
same work, so it can cause problems.

As it seems that the gnome applet to set the different governors is buggy (you
should file a bug!), I'd rather use powernowd, mainly because it can control
both cores with its default config (only dapper version!).

| Sorry about my ignorance
| but does powernowd work automatically instead of the governors options
| that I can select? If so how can I unload the governors to let
| powernowd controll it alone?
For powernowd to be able to control both cpus' speed the governor has to be
set to userspace.  Try to set cpu0 governor to userspace (you modified it to
ondemand, didn't you?), then check both cpus are scaling fine, for instance
adding 2 cpufreq monitoring applets to your bar, then configuring one to
monitor cpu1 (otherwise both were going to monitor cpu0).

You maybe will have to restart powernowd service.

| I still have a couple of issues with my lappy. Perhaps someone can help
| me out. They are describen in this thread:
| http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=190167
I'll answer you there  ;)

Good luck  ;)

--